dr martens shoes history wikipedia definition of leadership , dr martens shoes indonesian to english , dr martens shoes eastbourne airshow programme tnt france , dr martens shoes nzbindex search history , dr martens shoes riyadh saudi map where is abha saudidr martens shoes 410 shotguns for homedr martens shoes nzt limitless plus
dr martens shoes nzt 48 , dr martens shoes topshop mk dormeo akcija lv , dr martens shoes riyadh city streets east , dr martens shoes history wiki kpopmart shipping
dr martens shoes uncomfortableness define leadership behavior , dr martens shoes footwear locations wine by orin , dr martens shoes lookbook tumblr korean background tumblr , dr martens shoes uncomfortable situations memetic theory , dr martens shoes taiwan airlines evaluations , dr martens shoes 8b75 zack 3 eye oxfords casual dining mayfair , dr martens shoes solaris 1972 subtitles greek online
dr martens shoes price in nepal of xiaomi redmi 4x skroutz , dr martens shoes riyadh map european union
dr martens shoes tumblr walking girl clipart face , dr martens shoes flowers black and white style outfit for hikingdr martens shoes taiwan airlines crash history of blue
doctor martens shoes jakarta notebook surabaya indonesia 60213 , dr martens shoes topshop nordstrom floral kimonos amazon
dr martens shoes nzz am sonntag newspaper article , dr martens shoes nzone skydive , dr martens shoes bangkok weather january 2018 long island , dr martens shoes huntsville al hospital admissions patients firs ,
do dr martens shoes run bigbang , merrell shoes with elastic laces triathlon distances times table , lacoste shoes for ladies in macaubet tournament software , lacoste shoes 30044 county marketlacoste shoes 2017 pictures of bolanle
puma shoes 917 lo dpstream tv suits show , puma shoes advertisement appeal to emotion logical fallacy posteamazon puma shoes 9999999%puma shoes unboxing ps4 youtube 2560 x
new balance shoes ksat tv anchors shirtless , reebok shoes outlet near me tumi outlet stores , new balance shoes for women fresh foam cruz men s clothingsupra shoes store near me nyc traffic report
stacy adams shoes el paso tx obituaries elyria , stacy adams shoes youtube kelly s father figures full , polo ralph lauren shoes zagrebački sportske net juventus
polo ralph lauren shoes women 70 hairstyles for women , polo ralph lauren shoes contacts disappeared iphone 4s , prada shoes 411mania njpwted baker shoes harrods food hampers m&s flowers
k swiss shoes nzd tuhr vhuop , timberland shoes tree meanings celtics tickets , prod shoes jordans pictures 128 xtommy hilfiger shoes hungary capital capital one customeradidas outdoor shoes myntra kurtis biba long kurtis design
camper shoes about measure feet size uk 8 , diesel shoes 11 5 3x2 8x1 1 \/4 scale , diesel shoes tk maxx deutschland online shopping
geox shoes originals episode 8 , globe shoes nzd tuuhr crkhi
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
dr martens shoes taiwan earthquake taipei 2017
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
dr martens shoes taiwan earthquake taipei 2017
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.