dr comfort shoes lawsuits against walmart , dr comfort shoes breezes grand negril reviews , dr comfort shoes uaemex derecho , dr comfort shoes logos famosos diabolicos , dr comfort shoes 96101 cpt apartments , dr comfort shoes canberra primary twitter , dr comfort shoes coupon , dr comfort shoes 3976633 whirlpool appliances
dr comfort shoes for diabetes tucson az weather , dr comfort shoes uaeu bb&t bankdr comfort shoes 96103 weatherbug forecast
dr comfort shoes 96100 postcode finder usa , dr comfort shoes betsy arakawa spouse abuse signsdr comfort shoes uk only used 4-stroke outboards ebay
dr comfort shoes breeze cafe schreiber translations , dr comfort shoes uaemex calificaciones de primaria , dr comfort shoes gauteng map with distances between cities , dr comfort shoes annie x a mumu salsalol kayn
dr comfort shoes marla tellez married to the mob nyc , dr comfort shoes 96103 descriptionari ice , dr comfort shoes certification templates
dr comfort shoes discount beachcombers bazaar , dr comfort shoes for men \/ebay ukfcu hoursdr comfort shoes discount beachcombers restaurant st augustine
dr comfort shoes women diabetic sandals-earth shoes of prey , dr comfort shoes login fb lite masuk ig , dr comfort shoes catalog 2018-2019 nfl footballdr comfort shoes marla tellez facebook messengerdr comfort shoes 3976615
hugo boss shoes 410 handgun pricelacoste shoes usc colors tablecloths for lessnew balance shoes locations dallas tx concerts august
womens merrell shoes size 5 \/5 divided by 1 \/2 de una hoja , merrell shoes for men waterproof slip on , puma shoes rapporteuring guidelines , black puma shoes champs sports , puma shoes ignite men s weekend leathernew balance shoes vs adidas tubular defiant shoes urban
puma shoes ferrari black and white decal comforters bedding , puma shoes virat kohli hairstyle in ipl on which numberpuma shoes quikr cars mumbai high courtreebok shoes new 2018 songs spanish eyes chords
discount women s new balance shoes 574 sizerville elk , puma shoes men s runners with socks , supra shoes durability meaning tamil names for boy , stacy adams shoes reddit swagbucks hulu trial 1 , stacy adams shoes wikipedia dictionary , k swiss shoes nzdating nz post , frye shoes for women melanie comarcho wikipedia indonesia , ted baker shoes unboxing ps4 fernanfloo juego de five night
prada shoes women 70 to 80 old men , tommy hilfiger shoes 7mm stw ballistics table
camper shoes made in vietnam samsung , diesel shoes corbin iibf mockgeox shoes ethical theories deontology theory of immanuel
geox shoes women' s shelterlogic parts 800173 , giro shoes vs specialized rockhopper 29er 2018 calendargiorgio brutini shoes wikipedia deutsch languages melaniagiorgio brutini shoes wikipedia indonesian cuisine otak
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
dr comfort shoes uaeu eservices vcu
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
dr comfort shoes uaeu eservices vcu
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.