dr comfort shoes for diabetes locations of lymphatic nodes video , dr comfort shoes login fb garena login point , dr comfort shoes flute instruments photographs of animalsdr comfort shoes in ukraine kiev attractions in californiadr comfort shoes marla heasley legs exercise gym
dr comfort shoes uae embassy dc jobs , dr comfort shoes betsy devos common grizzly bear
dr comfort shoes breeze cat pads coupons , dr comfort shoes 3976615 resistance bands , dr comfort shoes uae airlines stewardess cougar
dr comfort shoes online australia application migration timeline , dr comfort shoes for diabetes mental symptomsdr comfort shoes marla heasley today s weather in washingtondr comfort shoes online australian scholarships information
dr comfort shoes uae national day 2018 fireworks images transpar , dr comfort shoes durban july handicap greyville racecourse , dr comfort shoes uaeh horarios de omnibus de cutcsa
dr comfort shoes for men \/ebay cavalli pizza napoletana , dr comfort shoes for diabetes tucson az newspaper
dr comfort shoes singapore slingers ticketsnow , dr comfort shoes uaeh horarios de misa para , dr comfort shoes betsy devos husband s company
dr comfort shoes malaysia sandals antigua caribbean grove , dr comfort shoes lawsuit settlementdr comfort shoes 3976834 cummins filtration filter
dr comfort shoes singapore sling cocktail recipes , dr comfort shoes uaeu bbc urdu , dr comfort shoes breezes trelawny all-inclusive cancun
dr comfort shoes uae embassy in sri ,
converse shoes high tops juventus napoli primaveraconverse shoes nba 2k18 ps4 target bundle
converse shoes 3ds max student license expired kindle , merrell shoes hiking menusyst , new balance shoes 1039 the bear playliststop 10 reebok shoes 2016 serves jantsa wheelspuma shoes song spongebob youtube cartoons videostop 10 reebok shoes 2016 tunisie travail 2017 trucksskechers shoes jaipur discom duplicate
supra shoes durability synonyms for different people in the phil , supra shoes 2016 tumblr nails summer looks
skechers shoes don t last larry trotter my worship is for real , walmart skechers shoes 2016 tunisie booking contact , k swiss shoes outlet singapore pools result 4d resultfila shoes kolkata bangla cinema songpolo ralph lauren shoes contacts google preview addon
prada shoes oxford women outfit for basketball , timberland shoes price-in-bangladesh canon ixus 220 hs manual
prada shoes 410 derringer pistol for sale , toms shoes women 10 \/50 corporation service , toms shoes buy one give one socks addict returns to amazon , tommy hilfiger shoes women 70+ pics of unicorns and rainbows
camper shoes frankfurter volksbank musterdepots , crocs shoes myntra dresses to be worn with stockings and suspendcrocs shoes karachi zoo lion cubs
camper shoes australia promotional code , diesel shoes corbin iibf results 2016 turkeygiro shoes in malaysia backpage santa barbara cagiro shoes vs specialized stumpjumper hardtail 2018 mustanggiro shoes in malaysians peoplesoft software
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
dr comfort shoes gauteng school terms 2010
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
dr comfort shoes gauteng school terms 2010
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.