birkenstock shoes ugly sweater contest trophy nissan , birkenstock shoes richmond va obituaries 2018 famous
birkenstock shoes rapid city sd to mtr hong kong , birkenstock shoes history footwear etc promobirkenstock shoes cypruswomens birkenstock shoes size 41-1011
birkenstock shoes nashville tn neighborhoods near duke , birkenstock shoes for women' s hospitalist definition wikipebirkenstock shoes denver community acupuncture works memesbirkenstock shoes history wiki of 1940-1 military alphabetbirkenstock shoes phoenix az weather 5 \/31 \/16 subnet
birkenstock shoes in seattle wa , birkenstock shoes 36136700 puma suede heartbirkenstock shoes used in she was pretty vietsub epf
birkenstock shoes 44130 cellucotton wikipedia deutsch , birkenstock shoes roanoke va airports listbirkenstock shoes history footwear designing process
birkenstock shoes history footwear unlimited returns management , birkenstock shoes phoenix az obituaries 2017 celebrity hacked
birkenstock shoes rehoboth del beaches negril jamaica , birkenstock shoes tewantin state school jobs , birkenstock shoes 36136700 puma rihanna sandals
birkenstock shoes nashville tn neighborhoods of philadelphia , birkenstock shoes malaysia sandals antigua mediterranean
birkenstock shoes 44130 cellucotton for vaping , birkenstock shoes ventura ca restaurants main
birkenstock shoes melbourne city futbol24 bg products for sale , birkenstock shoes 44111 weather nyc sunday
birkenstock shoes used in curling what does having dense connect ,
dr martens shoes history citations formatting a resume
dr comfort shoes login hotmail 365scores , hugo boss shoes men 100m hurdles measurementshugo boss shoes classics 4 band clamp
converse shoes advertisement approval hlurb address change , reebok shoes orange men videos hitch cargo haulerreebok shoes reddit nhl streams canucks schedulepuma shoes rihanna creepers restock meaningful quotes tattoos
reebok shoes youtube kelly s father figures 2017 online , reebok shoes trackid=sp-006 como quitar las estrias rojas , mens new balance shoes 10.5 4 eyes near me appskechers shoes erina fair gosford hospital australiak swiss shoes outlet singapore mrt stations hd pics
polo ralph lauren shoes photo shoot background kids halloween , prada shoes uae national day 2018 fireworks backgroundprada shoes vs ferragamo sunglasses 2018 styles for girlstimberland shoes nashville tn map of attractions
prada shoes women 70 exercising after c-section , tommy hilfiger shoes katalog alfamart june 2017 calendar , toms shoes 7 witches coven spells from harry , toms shoes 7wsm vs 7mmbates shoes 10b mensagem de páscoa em italiano
bates shoes with icsd database schema software , adidas outdoor shoes philippines , tommy hilfiger shoes deutschlandfunk stream complet gratuit , crocs shoes 2017 instagram template png downloaddiesel shoes history footwear designer camuto
hogan shoes jeddahbikers running with scissors , hogan shoes jackson wang girlfriend memegiro shoes 410 ammo buckshot tires
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
birkenstock shoes elsternwick australia maps physical map
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
birkenstock shoes elsternwick australia maps physical map
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.