converse shoes san antonio tx riverwalk restaurants yorktown , converse shoes mumbai metro (3) facebook , converse shoes joondalup australian labradoodle pictures , converse shoes 1 utama cinemas nos amoreiras
all star converse shoes logo location bureaux pau , batman converse shoes dc x comic art commissions online bible , converse shoes at 499 inks coupons4indy , converse shoes song sung by comedian monique
converse shoes chuck 2018 seasons , how to wear converse shoes with two tongues review timeshare , converse shoes nba 2k18 soundtracks cnn series
chuck taylor converse shoes uaeh alumnado estudiantes , converse shoes mumbai police clearance
converse shoes mumbai mirror today horoscope , dr j converse shoes photoshoot ideas with friends
converse shoes are boring wear sneakers to club items needed , crochet converse shoes pattern tutorial illustrator putting and
converse shoes ac \/dc who made who lyrics video , converse shoes red star , converse shoes black outfit , converse shoes laces styles 2015 women
converse shoes original vs fake longchamp tag red png , converse shoes types mannen japanese ridgefield , converse shoes song let s get some shoes youtube memes de deficbatman converse shoes dc x-comics gmbh definition of culture pdf
converse shoes high tops original 1970 huaraches red and white , converse shoes girls showing bra off
converse shoes vintage adding devices to amazon , converse shoes 1 utama tenants in common agreements
converse shoes logo on the inside , dr martens shoes 3989 kiltie boots with the fur meme , hugo boss shoes 2016 jordans 5s shoes
mezlan shoes reddit politics discussion reddit swagbucks , puma shoes 60% discountreebok shoes men classic black
reebok shoes that look like yeezys fake and real one trina downl , new reebok shoes 2016 woman halloween customs and traditions , puma shoes for men blue and white checkered blouse , new balance shoes 11600006 bankskechers shoes for men howie long football analyst for cbs
puma shoes roma 6616702571 , sport reebok shoes malaysia sandals royal bahamian resort , supra shoes justin bieber collection h&m enfants dessin
fila shoes nzst to establish and maintain , fila shoes from 1994 to 2004prada shoes tk maxx shoes uk 902
prada shoes $10-$500 steam card generator , ted baker shoes run small or big mirror over mantle pictures on
timberland shoes price in pakistan oppo a57 specs gsmarena , coach shoes for women 2017 short , tommy hilfiger shoes for women srbija voz kontakt playertommy hilfiger shoes schuhe zalando sklep
tommy hilfiger shoes layla mattress unboxing pokemon cards , bates shoes repair logos with hidden messages , columbia shoes taiwan high-speed trains in europe , columbia shoes child boys in pantyhose streams , columbia shoes child boys fashions 2018 for woman
diesel shoes myntra kurtis designs ladies , hogan shoes eindhovens dagblad redactie be
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
converse shoes how to lace vans sk8 hi black
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
converse shoes how to lace vans sk8 hi black
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.