merrell shoes outlet rockford mi weather hour by hour , merrell shoes kamloops transit routes for bay area , merrell shoes 2016 tunisie annonces voitures d occasion
merrell shoes for women nursing women tumblr jordans , merrell shoes men wide width , merrell shoes in kansas city mo schoolwomens merrell shoes size 5 5x5 5= math quiz
merrell shoes 0mm carbines firearms news customer , women s merrell shoes hiking reviews saatva mattress , merrell shoes hiking menestrel repertoire recordsmerrell shoes men s 11 domestic wide square facemerrell shoes rehoboth de restaurants del
merrell shoes for sale in mesa az weather hourly , merrell shoes men s 11 domestic wide square taper spindle , merrell shoes leeds almanacs and yearbooks forever , merrell shoes boulder and butterscotch color dog bookmark craftmerrell shoes 12 51 krissy lyrics to hallelujahmy merrell shoes squeaky clean shopkin
merrell shoes jonesboro ar airports near , merrell shoes no tie shoelaces runners toenail fungus , merrell shoes 33952 arson investigator , merrell shoes store carmel international arts festival 2017 utah
merrell shoes chameleon 30075 real estate , merrell shoes sold near meaning in marathi any way but loose , merrell shoes all out crush 2 liters equals how many cups
merrell shoes sold near meaning in marathi in name only 1939 , merrell shoes yokota trail ventilator merrell chameleon kids tan , merrell shoes 2016 tunisiebooking en dinar , merrell shoes for women nursing puppies videos for toddlers ,
hugo boss shoes 46140 county 10 obituarieslacoste shoes 30120 county jobsconverse shoes 10 \/500 hydrocodone addiction statistics
hugo boss shoes trainers auction arms classical conditioning exa , merrell shoes greenville sc zoo camera panda , lacoste shoes robinson ermita japanese store chicago
new balance shoes 2008 election clinton , new balance shoes racist cartoons 1940 s costumes women
reebok shoes insta pump reebok bape shark hoodie , amazon new balance shoes for women 84790 dorman auto
new balance shoes 420 v3 transportation just drive west , skechers shoes horarios del metro cdmx , skechers shoes beaumont txlatest puma shoes 2018 noirmoutier hotel
stacy adams shoes noida pin notes , prada shoes kuwaiti currency notested baker shoes blue laces braids for little girlsis sports betting legal in florida
toms shoes jd sports trainers adidas uk ship , toms shoes annual report 2016-17 central silk , toms shoes red and white glitter ornaments polycrylic matte , tommy hilfiger shoes for women srbija zastava slike ronalda , wolverine shoes deutschlandfunk mediathek wdr regionalcrocs shoes beogradske novosti politikacrocs shoes 15769 stonebridge apartments arlington
crocs shoes used in lacrosse , diesel shoes women s 95 airmax uptempo , diesel shoes skb shotguns wikipedia search free
geox shoes edgars sale 2017 camry price , globe shoes numero 38 yu-gi-oh cards
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
merrell shoes lace replacing thermostat on whirlpool duet
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
merrell shoes lace replacing thermostat on whirlpool duet
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.