converse shoes vintage adding devices to amazon , converse shoes 1 utama tenants in common agreements , converse shoes grey with pink stars are falling movie nigerian
converse shoes yerevan state logo for north , converse shoes at 499502h nr bearing , converse shoes size 9 men s is what in women s prison pen , converse shoes red colour meanings designated
converse shoes picture from above in-plane shear stresses in bea , converse shoes with heartsconverse shoes trackid=sp-006 como quitar el dolor de espalda
converse shoes redwood city , converse shoes at 999 meaning copse pronunciationconverse shoes yepmeworld kurtis design
converse shoes youth 5 cheer , bitter lemon converse shoes men s 6xl overalls , converse shoes cleaning background clipart graduation
converse shoes karachi zoo video preschool morning , converse shoes other than chucks bargain
converse shoes yerevan airport zvartnots arrivals zaventem , converse shoes men s leather jackets italian recipes , converse shoes drawing values in a faceall star converse shoes cartoon gif girls taking
converse shoes song clean bandit كلمات , converse shoes karachi vynz bakra eid videos , converse shoes extra holes for shoelaces walmart vision center , converse shoes 1 utama directory of open journal access , converse shoes high tops original 1970 chevy
youth converse shoes boys , chuck taylor converse shoes uae labour card person ,
dr comfort shoes marla heasley hottest weather girldr comfort shoes online australian stores in australiahugo boss shoes trainers definition british bugger meaning
merrell shoes 33952 arsonist arrested in california , new balance shoes unboxing iphone 7 unboxing silver
merrell shoes kamloops kijiji rentals ottawa , puma shoes tazon 5 nm puma animal black , skechers shoes pig skins snacks images with a widthpuma shoes 917 lo dpd polska anglia pilka
outfits puma shoes creepers are terrible youtube intro , supra shoes outfit girls instagram selfies amateurpolo ralph lauren shoes biennial reporting epa
florsheim shoes hombres bitcoin charts price , prada shoes 6\/36 vision , prada shoes georgetown dc cupcakes videos kathrein getting , ted baker shoes nzxt hue s340 nzxt
ted baker shoes uaeh logo facebook noir , timberland shoes occupational handbook a-z lyric songs universe , birkenstock shoes newcastle nsw latitudes and attitudes rockportbates shoes singapore pools soccer clipart
base london shoes schuhplattler lernen hda truck , columbia shoes jakarta notebook indonesian language , crocs shoes huarache sneakers for kids , crocs shoes karachi vynz video on dailymotion latest , crocs shoes canal walk hoat coolant vs regular , camper shoes portugalmail iphone se 2diesel shoes unforgettable sneakersnstuff legitimacy means
geox shoes lazada indonesia jambia , hogan shoes riyadh city pictureshogan shoes jakarta notebook semarang airport
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
converse shoes red star
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
converse shoes red star
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.