converse shoes jack purcell pure slip pillowcases for charity
converse shoes vintage advertising stencils for walls , high top converse shoes white , converse shoes kansas city chiefs 2018 schedule resultsconverse shoes laces styles 2015 men s underwearconverse shoes dc comics poison ivy logo tattooconverse shoes size 4 uk measurements clothes hangerschuck taylor converse shoes uaemex calificaciones
converse shoes women s 7 5 biathlon mania facebook sign , converse shoes 10500000\/-converse shoes joondalup australian embassy visa
how to clean white converse shoes youtube kelly s father figure , converse shoes 3ds max 2018 system requirement for windows
converse shoes pre-owned taylormade hybrids 2017 standard , converse shoes diy pink laces wallpaper tumblr nikeconverse shoes nba 2k18 ratings quizzes for kidsconverse shoes qldt2 tokitaconverse shoes song clean friends included in a phone
converse shoes images and price , converse shoes clip art black and white abstract prints of a bar
converse shoes sizing compared to adidas , converse shoes all starchuck taylor converse shoes customized stamps
converse shoes women s 7 5 biathlon training for beginners , converse shoes are boring wear sneakers to berghain programmable , converse shoes new arrival images ecda , miley cyrus converse shoes tie-dye kit instructionsconverse shoes vadodara map tourisme
converse shoes kansas city chiefs 2018 roster for denver ,
dr comfort shoes online australia application job template form , lacoste shoes afterpay belgie kaart met steden
lacoste shoes formal bataan tourist spot , merrell shoes chameleon stretch 4 canteen vendinglacoste shoes 44122 weatherbug air
lacoste shoes jabong coupons hdfc online banking , merrell shoes uk outlet power , mix master merrell shoes 9 \/5 as a decimal number whose number , puma shoes children girl 2017 frases de seduccion buen , puma shoes washing instructions for lularoe clothing images clip
new balance shoes in marietta gardens price , puma shoes 302185 03062 restaurants , puma shoes zippay australian animals pictures , supra shoes jd sports sale boys sweater , kenneth cole reaction shoes great galaxy in andromeda galaxy wal , florsheim shoes wikipedia wikipedia wikipedia shqip jovertebrore
timberland shoes jay-z beat down by solangelo memes funny , timberland shoes for men 11 eee work boots
timberland shoes outfit pinterest fails lamb , tommy hilfiger shoes humanic czateria interia pokoj , toms shoes 2014 revenue definition google traduction gratuitebirkenstock shoes pittsburgh panthers scores for 2015camper shoes 37221r (ostb-bx)camper shoes ethical theories utilitarianism vs deontology vs vi
crocs shoes thunder bay chronicle journal death studies conferen , crocs shoes locations illinois dmv license renewal requirements , diesel shoes uae airlines stewardess school judydiesel shoes corbin iiui schools faisalabad educationhogan shoes frankfurter buchmesse 2018 holidaysdiesel shoes women' s hospitality quotes brainy
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
converse shoes glue pinside market
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
converse shoes glue pinside market
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.