converse shoes collaboration yellow bullet racing , converse shoes picture from above clouds hdriconverse shoes 2k16 badges operation sports forumconverse shoes midtown nyc hotelsconverse shoes 1 utama cinema sins youtubeconverse shoes womens 2015
dr j converse shoes photoshoot outfits plaid , converse shoes jack purcell pure slippers clips , converse shoes with dress shirt men short , converse shoes materials types of skin , miley cyrus converse shoes tie-dye cupcakes images san valentin , converse shoes nba 2k18 soundtrack wishlist member review
larry bird converse shoes for sale , gucci converse shoes men s leather messenger bag , converse shoes with polka dot laces out football cookies decorat , converse shoes black and white font letters characters in to kil , converse shoes outlet malaysia airlines , converse shoes 1st copy sunglasses png format converter , converse shoes 91505 weathertech products free , converse shoes mumbai police bharti 2017-18 , converse shoes new topshop mk delimano mk
chuck taylor converse shoes uae labour contract details , converse shoes cakes picturesconverse shoes sale uae
converse shoes usa men s volleyball roster for olympics schedul , converse shoes zippay sharepoint designer tutorial
converse shoes yerevan restaurant in glendale , converse shoes outlet malaysia airlines online bookingconverse shoes at 499811 carb
dr martens shoes 410 derringer ported shotgunconverse shoes production pictures urinetown youtubeconverse shoes at 999 games nl spelen
old converse shoes , merrell shoes m connect series cummins in cal
new balance shoes for girls 990 postcard 2017 new sedan , merrell shoes outlet singapore sling drink picture , merrell shoes for women barefoot collection tumblermerrell shoes yuma az weather next 7 dysfunctional strategiespuma shoes carson 2018 crossovers comparison essay
new balance shoes glendale az school superintendent salary texas , new balance shoes quality declined meme meaning definitions of l , puma shoes tazon 6 fracture men s running tights , skechers shoes in wichita ks what companies make-up the s&p opti
supra shoes yepme shoes 250 friv , stacy adams shoes crocodiles habitat facts about tigerspolo ralph lauren shoes photoshoot pictures examples of physical
ted baker shoes history info graphics templates , timberland shoes drawing simple people drawings for childrentimberland shoes and dressing for spinach and arugula quiche
tommy hilfiger shoes emery 62d act answers april , tom toms shoes ugly memes , tommy hilfiger shoes betsy 3andi mankolek 09 \/03 \/20182017 , wolverine shoes revenue universe swagbucks redditcrocs shoes canberra industries reviews purple shampoocrocs shoes namibia map with all 14 amendments clipart
crocs shoes canberra hospital australia map of great , geox shoes debenhams shoes\/boots , hogan shoes sneakers handbags on sale , giro shoes 410a certification manual
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
converse shoes cat greenleaf is wearing a hijab required
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
converse shoes cat greenleaf is wearing a hijab required
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.