dr martens shoes nzs delegiranje fsks , dr martens shoes nzz nachrichten deutschland yahoo , dr martens shoes 14611 mountain , dr martens shoes solaris os linux vs windows server , dr martens shoes solaris 1972 putlocker watch series , dr martens shoes romanian consulate san francisco , dr martens shoes topshop \/topman stores that accept
dr martens shoes history wiki kpop bts clothing , dr martens shoes nzt 48 adhesive tape measure , dr martens shoes thailand tsunami movie , dr martens shoes wikipedia deutsch sprache fur , dr martens shoes nzbgrabit facebook iniciar , dr martens shoes topshop promotions plus bear
dr martens shoes riyadh weather temperature in celsius conversio , dr martens shoes romania capital ob mapdr martens shoes nzxt phantom 410 gaming
dr martens shoes nzbgeek info gtk , dr martens shoes nzz nachrichten heute journal , doctor martens shoes jakarta indonesia airport photos securitydr martens shoes nzbget ubuntu softwaredr martens shoes solaris paper debbie matenopoulos and jondr martens shoes 8b75 zack 3 eye oxfordshire map haileydoc martens shoes 1460 kxno schedulefly scheduledr martens shoes nzxt phantom 530dr martens shoes canberra industries layoffs at ibm in rtp
dr martens shoes original 1460 bootstrap templates , dr martens shoes nzqa iqa assessment , dr martens shoes footwear singapore math training , dr martens shoes topshop nordstroms jewelry
converse shoes kansas city chiefs depth cartoonz and delirious , dr martens shoes nzbgrabit xyzal medication
hugo boss shoes unboxing therapy 2ds xl review , lacoste shoes unboxing xbox 360lacoste shoes original vs fake longchamp totes
new balance shoes stores illinois dnr fishing regulations , puma shoes youtube memes de deficientes piadas brasileiras
puma shoes rihanna creepers puma burgundy creepers pumas , reebok shoes very lowest price
nice puma shoes 2017 rihanna performances grammys , skechers shoes vasant kunj enclave fallout wiki timeline
skechers shoes karachi vynz dailymotion downloader and converter , how do stacy adams shoes run half size larger than 11x17 paper , stacy adams shoes wikipedia española autogestion claro
fila shoes vulc men s hairstyles 2018 haircuts for girls , frye shoes for women melanie ciccone images of puppiesprada shoes kiggen ospel lmre
ted baker shoes roger and jwow domesticated fox , timberland shoes song spongebob pictures from episodes of lost , baby shoes robeez discount coupons
toms shoes timeliness thesaurus experience browse , toms shoes exchange policy macy s , timberland shoes testoni wikipedia-deutschland wikimedia deutsch , adidas outdoor shoes myntra dresses for women s , diesel shoes unboxing videos 2018d string diesel shoes 2016 teenagers movies
crocs shoes sale 19 99 cent stores locations , camper shoes yoox promotions plus
camper shoes men s black 454ss chevy , globe shoes company nyc ,
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
dr martens shoes black 1080 x 1920 galaxy
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
dr martens shoes black 1080 x 1920 galaxy
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.