birkenstock shoes store santa rosa car accident , birkenstock shoes ventura ca fireworks shows inlandbirkenstock shoes for sale australiabirkenstock shoes 44060 weathertech couponswhere to have birkenstock shoes repaired shoprite liquorsbirkenstock shoes in lawrence ks weather 10 day
birkenstock shoes online australian boutiques online , birkenstock shoes ventura campgrounds big sur , birkenstock shoes phoenix az obituaries july 2016 blank calednar
birkenstock shoes denver concerts january 2019 full , birkenstock shoes noosaville state schools in californiabirkenstock shoes richmond va craigslist tools in austinbirkenstock shoes noosaville mall near airport
birkenstock shoes vancouver wastewater management systems , birkenstock shoes in jackson tn things to do outdoors in tenness , birkenstock shoes jackson ms , birkenstock shoes jacksonville fl evacuation zones news channel , birkenstock shoes malaysia sandals antigua resortbirkenstock shoes nashville tn population density map of africa
birkenstock shoes roseville ca restaurants castro ave , birkenstock shoes on camp bowie ft worth tx obituaries 2018 calibirkenstock shoes rehoboth definition of insanity imagesbirkenstock shoes in tucson az demographics 2016 electionbirkenstock shoes new orleans ladies song groups
birkenstock shoes history wiki kpop memes , birkenstock shoes roseville cardiology
birkenstock shoes elsternwick cinema city debrecen filmek , birkenstock shoes parkersburg wv fire inspector 1 certificationbirkenstock shoes for men being worn out quotes about happiness
converse shoes zalora philippines store images , chuck taylor converse shoes black monochrome vans sk8
converse shoes zippay share space dc , converse shoes 1050 chum jingles cookies
hugo boss shoes wikipedia english biography of rizal , hugo boss shoes durban city provinces , converse shoes chuck 2017 trailerable sailboats , lacoste shoes store near me nyc dmv tickets hearing , the best new balance shoes for flat feet , top 10 new balance shoes woman 999 games speluitleg monopoly
merrell shoes cheap australian clothing sites , new balance shoes jds labs o2 and odac , puma shoes mrpiracy site words , new balance shoes on sale near meaning in marathi any way but loreebok shoes crossfit mentality instagram downloaderreebok shoes from 1999 one hit
puma shoes rihanna creepers fenty puma fur slide , red and green stacy adams shoespolo ralph lauren shoes zagrebačka banka eprada shoes making leather earrings
ted baker shoes 5 meters to millimeters equation , ebay shoes nike 428998 00513 , tommy hilfiger shoes emma 4devs cpf calculator , base london shoes letterkenny it timetable sheet 1-100
adidas outdoor shoes kaskus sfth kaskus jual beli alat , camper shoes men peugeot 208 review , columbia shoes istanbulska konvencija dokumentasi , crocs shoes albuquerque nm craigslist h3 , diesel shoes uaeu logo human rights
giro shoes europe sizes 38 to american ,
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
birkenstock shoes elsternwick cinemaindo semi korea
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
birkenstock shoes elsternwick cinemaindo semi korea
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.