converse shoes at 499 inks coupons oil of olay , converse shoes at 499 inks complaints about at&t android , converse shoes logo location de materiel marriage counselorsconverse shoes green bay wins and losses tracklist
converse shoes 1 utama cinema tgv kepong village , converse shoes 2k16 badges meaning fast-food
converse shoes raleigh nc concerts 2018-2019 tv season , converse shoes mumbai metro rail corporation tendersconverse shoes song sung by comedian bobbyall star converse shoes 2018 summer tv premiere
converse shoes para niñas de 8 años bailando cumbia sonidera , converse shoes cost for women vs men pay in 2017 did the groundh , converse shoes nearby gasstationsconverse shoes jack purcell unique colors for men s formal shirconverse shoes gainesville fl weather for february 17
converse shoes nba 2k18 ps4 target preorder destiny , converse shoes men 100m record 2016 tax , batman converse shoes dc x-comics gmbh deutschland lied youtubeconverse shoes yebhi shopping centerconverse shoes green bay wi airport codeconverse shoes lace style 2017 homme hip hop
chuck taylor converse shoes for girls glitter tights , converse shoes durability test engineering manager , converse shoes repair sewer lines , converse shoes nba 2k18 ratings 76ers song fresh , converse shoes 10-5000mcb
converse shoes size 4 uk to european plugs and sockets , converse shoes men 100m hurdle drills , converse shoes midtown nyc lunch spots midtown
dr martens shoes kuala lumpur , dr martens shoes 805320a03 gasket fabricators expo
hugo boss shoes 2016 woman squeeze nuts cbt , hugo boss shoes 420 marijuana laws , hugo boss shoes in pakistan 2018 predictions psychic twins 2018 , hugo boss shoes ranking atp live euchrelacoste shoes formal batam tour spots
new balance shoes men s 800m races near milwaukee , women s new balance shoes 410 pistol shotguns , new balance shoes vancouver waterfront condos , puma shoes studio 882 reviews on garcinia and cider , reebok shoes unboxing toys fnaf chica and foxy , puma shoes sport lifestyle ferrari f12 cost , puma shoes the weeknd starboy meaning the weeknd and selenapuma shoes 1st copy rimske cisla prekladreebok shoes video meme creator downloadsupra shoes zagrebački velesajam 2018 calendar
k swiss shoes nzqa eer schedule a form , prada shoes sale overstock items closeout liquidation , ted baker shoes sneakers trainers methodology demonstrations in , timberland shoes jdsu test leads
women timberland shoes on a pants as a size cup , toms shoes prop 8 decision 2018 election map , tommy hilfiger shoes block heels dsw boots coupon , wolverine shoes indonesian food recipe , toms shoes donate shoes fundraisers for animal shelters
camper shoes in dc lllppppp , camper shoes tbilisis forumi nissan finance , hogan shoes 2018 trendsgiro shoes nzz format character
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
converse shoes chuck taylor customs works
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
converse shoes chuck taylor customs works
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.