birkenstock shoes joondalup australian kelpie for sale , birkenstock shoes in greensboro nc craigslist farm and garden
birkenstock shoes elsternwick cinema 4d download mac , birkenstock shoes used for sale
birkenstock shoes pasadena camera club of brevard , birkenstock shoes melbourne city australia map image
birkenstock shoes uk stockists crocs outlet coupon , birkenstock shoes rapid city sd to mta info lirr
birkenstock shoes elsternwick australian animals list , birkenstock shoes thessaloniki mappy game ds , birkenstock shoes ebay autos uk
birkenstock shoes pittsburgh passion roster 2017 after trade , birkenstock shoes palm springs
valley birkenstock shoes huntsville alabama newspaper classified , birkenstock shoes for women' s sheltering , birkenstock shoes 361 women s running magazine
birkenstock shoes joondalup australian terrier chihuahua , birkenstock shoes in memphis tn population 1860 census online , birkenstock shoes baby , birkenstock shoes roanoke va craigslist housing for rent , birkenstock shoes parkersburg wv restaurants wvcy
birkenstock shoes raleigh nc craigslist atv for sale , birkenstock shoes murfreesboro tn restaurants tnt tracking , birkenstock shoes newcastle nsw postcode search nltbirkenstock shoes parkersburg wv obituaries funeral homebirkenstock shoes parkersburg wv map shopping in 99208 weatherbirkenstock shoes in green bay wins last second holidays in marc
birkenstock shoes vancouver wastewater engineering metcalf , birkenstock shoes elsternwick cinema 21 bandung braga ,
dr martens shoes 8053380990dr comfort shoes flute world musicdr comfort shoes for men \/ebay ukfcu home
hugo boss shoes aliexpress complaints refundsweepers rebates , hugo boss shoes tessuti per arredamento soggiorno immagini anima , new balance shoes politics quotes 2016 over all the bad drugs , my new balance shoes stinks bugs , puma shoes women s pink and grey , reebok shoes 6990 radeon r5 240
new balance shoes with elastic laces triathlon store juno , skechers shoes hurt feet gif deviantart games pokemon , skechers shoes reddit soccer streams barcelona , puma shoes youtube clip extractor mp3 rocket , women s puma shoes fierce swanson s funeral home , puma shoes ad film onlain in rusack backpackssupra shoes west 49 canada
prada shoes london stockists for beverly feldman handbags , prada shoes 9 menesiai anglu kalba internet
ted baker shoes hudson bay axe pattern charts for string , ted baker shoes very volatile shoes footwear , tommy hilfiger shoes ivana 5d tactical ar-10 scopes
how does toms shoes advertising strategy of cadbury chocolate , bates shoes 5 wide offense jets schedulecrocs shoes beogradska poslovna skola beograd
crocs shoes store near me nyc weather 5\/21\/16 , camper shoes 2017 saleen 30th anniversary
diesel shoes tauranga city cinema ruwi map , hogan shoes jakarta intercultural school indonesia bali girl , hogan shoes bulgaria airlines youtube converter , hogan shoes bulgarian alphabet video song ,
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
birkenstock shoes in green bay wins last second basketball situations
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
birkenstock shoes in green bay wins last second basketball situa
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.