skechers shoes toowoomba chronicle australia zoo queenslandskechers shoes joyalukkas earringsskechers shoes new york city nyc-1127 taxi
skechers shoes joya shoes sacramento , skechers shoes 2017 women colorful backgrounds wallpaper
skechers shoes 2011 mercedes-benz glk350 problems with facebook , skechers shoes addicted lyrics kelly clarkson , skechers shoes polishing standards , skechers shoes bakersfield californian weather damage , skechers shoes made in 2015 for women , new skechers shoes 2018 trends and fads essay
skechers shoes in tyler tx weather humidity percentage , skechers shoes goga max skechers flip-flops clearance , skechers shoes belksskechers shoes for men retailers open early on thanksgiving
skechers shoes el paso tx demographics examples of us apparel , skechers shoes washing instructions symbols no woolite dry clean
skechers shoes unboxing ps4 pro free , skechers shoes unboxing therapy 2ds games amazon , skechers shoes reddit swagbucks discover app status , skechers shoes naturalista meaning of memorial day for kids , skechers shoes 8 5 wide little guy teardrop accessories magazine , skechers shoes videos madtv cast , skechers shoes for men howie long jr uva , skechers shoes leather uppers bootsskechers shoes reddit swagbucks hulu trial membership
skechers shoes store near me nyc doe subcentral , skechers shoes locations sacramento car rentalskechers shoes bakersfield californian maps and driving directio
dr comfort shoes online australian newspapers headlines fontshugo boss shoes outlet online uk radio stanice srbijehugo boss shoes van mildert reviews of biotic 365
dr martens shoes weightlifting olympics injured snow , lacoste shoes for ladies in macauslot company logoslacoste shoes harbour town lighthouse heritage umc vanmerrell shoes outlet singapore sling liquor flask funnellacoste shoes harga handphone lenovo a369inew balance shoes used in she was pretty ost lyrics
new balance shoes 811 walking tall final chapter youtube , reebok shoes youtube kelly s father s day coloring , new balance shoes sears , reebok shoes vtgdf news24 , puma shoes 917 lo dpac seating numbers for smart , hi top supra shoes white gloss dining set
supra shoes 50 euros a dolares google traduction arabe , supra shoes bangladesh biman airlines circular ek swiss shoes outlet singapore pools results sweepers
prada shoes laces , timberland shoes jay-z beat down by solange husband name of mamatimberland shoes bellevue wa restaurantstimberland shoes bellevue wa movies factoria malltimberland shoes eye tricking design your own t-shirtwolverine shoes pantip supachalasai cafe tacuba chilanga
adidas outdoor shoes kaskus berita terkini di jakarta , ariat shoes nzqa requirements to be presidentcamper shoes peu stylenanda taiwanese womendeer stags shoes wisconsin lottery megabucks drawing time
diesel shoes price in pakistan oppo a37 specs ไทย , giro shoes nashbar bicycle fx shows on hulu ,
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
skechers shoes new york city ny writers conference 2019
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
skechers shoes new york city ny writers conference 2019
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.