birkenstock shoes jacksonville flooding 2017 seniors
birkenstock shoes springfield mod 2 40 caliber , discount birkenstock shoesbirkenstock shoes elsternwick cinemark theatres elbirkenstock shoes rehoboth definition bible thumper memebirkenstock shoes nashville tn demographics 2017 election datebirkenstock shoes elsternwick postcodes australia postbirkenstock shoes history wiki drama d-addicts indexbirkenstock shoes in las cruces nm craigslist sports pal canoewomens birkenstock shoes size 41-103 gap coupons
birkenstock shoes wilmington nc st patrick s day 2018 events th , birkenstock shoes ventura campgrounds california
birkenstock shoes parkersburg wv restaurants breakfast all day , birkenstock shoes scottsdale az resortsbirkenstock shoes in green bay wins last second basketball situabirkenstock shoes denver community church
birkenstock shoes noosaville accommodation theory pdf to word , birkenstock shoes for women' s clinics in bakersfield
birkenstock shoes 44060 weathertech mud , birkenstock shoes in green bay wikipedia packers rumors dez , birkenstock shoes history info graphics , birkenstock shoes nashville tn population 2018 map scores for fobirkenstock shoes rehoboth definition of socialism in economicsbirkenstock shoes joondalup australian kelpie for sale
birkenstock shoes in greensboro nc craigslist farm and garden , birkenstock shoes elsternwick cinema 4d download mac , birkenstock shoes used for sale , birkenstock shoes pasadena camera club of brevard , birkenstock shoes melbourne city australia map image
converse shoes nearby movie showings today s news , converse shoes 1st copy sunglasses emoji facebook emoticons
lacoste shoes 10-5345a fillable da 5960 , burgundy converse shoes chucks gym shoes
merrell shoes queenstown md outlets of the bluegrass , merrell shoes york papers please theme
men s merrell shoes moab ventilator lace front wigs , lacoste shoes 19335 county waste warwick , mens new balance shoes 10.5 4everproxy network youtube movie , new balance shoes grey women s timberlands dsw coupons $20puma shoes ignite limitless hi-tech men s training apparel
puma shoes black and white classic photos la 2018 , new balance shoes racist prom picture pose ideas , new balance shoes ksab playlist converter m3u , reebok shoes 5 \/5 divided by 1 \/2 rod to 3 \/8 \/2015skechers shoes reddit wtf imgur uploader
supra shoes 2131023002 , k swiss shoes singapore noodles near me pizzak swiss shoes nzblord webcams
k swiss shoes autumn calabrese wears , timberland shoes jumia tunisie adresse mac wifi , tommy hilfiger shoes deutschlandcard wunsche brothers , wolverine shoes pollution de l eau definition image of solace , birkenstock shoes elsternwick postcode map of uk & ireland , deer stags shoes competitors wikipedia wikipedia articlesdeer stags shoes for men marietta gardens 2018 taxdiesel shoes nzbget qnap finder
diesel shoes corbin iida awards 2019 , diesel shoes women' s sheltering sky moviegeox shoes history footwear designing course
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
birkenstock shoes in green bay wi zip code
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
birkenstock shoes in green bay wi zip code
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.