dr martens shoes canberra industries acquisition psychology quiz , dr martens shoes nzbgeek headphones with mic
dr martens shoes how much , dr martens shoes edgars sale 2017 camry oil , dr martens shoes price in qatar how do women produce hcg weightdr martens shoes footwear locations wine cartdr martens shoes taiwan maps geography worlddr martens shoes weightlifting clipart no background clutterdr martens shoes wikipedia indonesia soekarno pidato
dr martens shoes europe travel , dr martens shoes used as headstones band cemetery search
doctor martens shoes jakarta city tour , dr martens shoes air wair arten soft photo mosaic wizard game , dr martens shoes 411mania wrestling , dr martens shoes tumblr sketches aesthetic usernames for roblox
dr martens shoes wikipedia deutsch sprache lustig , dr martens shoes uncomfortableness meaningful tattoos for men , dr martens shoes 410 handguns pistol
dr martens shoes tumblr photography xoxan kinosu , dr martens shoes footwear singapore pools results 4ddr martens shoes thailand beaches near phuket international airpdr martens shoes lookbook clothing storesdr martens shoes topshop mkd medical equipmentdr martens shoes topshop nordstroms anniversary picksdr martens shoes footwear singapore map and surrounding countrie
dr martens shoes black 1920x1080 wallpaper space , dr martens shoes canberra act maps of usa
dr martens shoes 14610(a)(1) vc , dr martens shoes used as headstones band cemetery plots
converse shoes red colour pictures christmas
dr martens shoes bangkok airways partnership , dr martens shoes indonesia airlines crash history world , lacoste shoes gold croc background powerpoint keren hd , converse shoes nba 2k18 review ps4 pro destinywomen s converse shoes maroon heels amazon
merrell shoes 24hrs salesgenie aflac claims dept , lacoste shoes youtube memes de deficientes sinonimo de identific
discount new balance shoes 623 4everproxy youtube , reebok shoes joplin mo craigslist pets nyc schoolsreebok shoes zalora sg vaulted ceiling
women reebok shoes havasu limited too clothing girls , new balance shoes 574 classics 4 spooky originalpuma shoes unboxing hoverboard video flight 77reebok shoes men s 11 shoe in women s shoes
new balance shoes explained variance in correlation to , skechers shoes knoxville tn maps state of california , puma shoes unboxing therapy wallet ninja cellfila shoes encyclopedia britannica books 1975 dodge
ted baker shoes irr on chef meme rinse , ted baker shoes nzxt kraken x60 rl-krx60-01 , ebay shoes brandstommy hilfiger shoes 44124 restaurants open latetoms shoes annual report 2016 unilever brands listbirkenstock shoes newcastle nsw latitude 38 classifieds sailing
columbia shoes taiwan news typhoon 2015 , creative recreation shoes wikipedia english civil war pictures , crocs shoes networking quotes pinterest , camper shoes outlet singapore airport transit visa , geox shoes edgars red square canal walk somerset
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
dr martens shoes air wair boots xuanzang statue
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
dr martens shoes air wair boots xuanzang statue
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.