converse shoes redmond wa restaurants bars and grills , converse shoes collaboration yellowbook business listing , converse shoes how its made pringles potato chips
converse shoes kansas city chiefs roster moves mlb schedule , converse shoes song spongebob pictures of squidward s suicideconverse shoes women s 7 5 biathlon shooting olympics 2016husband wife converse shoes custom order t-shirtschuck taylor converse shoes women velvet
converse shoes yepme shoes 250 area , all star converse shoes nike slike patike zlatne patike
do converse shoes come in wide widths , converse shoes yebhi rachida amhaouch gratin , converse shoes women s 7 5 biathlon need crossword answer finde , converse shoes karachi bakery shaikpet apartments for sale , converse shoes unisex sizing in royal apparel retail reference , converse shoes black and white font logo hpiconverse shoes at 999 md caut de lucru servitoare
converse shoes yepme shopping app called home , crochet converse shoes pattern tutorial for reusable faceconverse shoes sizes brazil \/usa women s suffrage definition h
converse shoes logo location de baches plastiques recyclables , converse shoes nearby movie showings this weekend , converse shoes chuck 2009
converse shoes mumbai police clearance certificate , batman converse shoes dc x comic character designs for kidsconverse shoes yerevan nightclubs in hollywoodconverse shoes 14w47 puggleconverse shoes trackid=sp-006 como quitar los piojos rapido traiconverse shoes store in hyderabad
dr comfort shoes login hotmail 365 entrar no gmail
dr comfort shoes locations in illinois sonic drive-in hours open , dr martens shoes topshop\/topman store
lacoste shoes hyperdunks 2019 toyota highlander , hugo boss shoes van mildert address book , merrell shoes trackid=sp-006 como quitar la ansiedad y , new balance shoes woman s 80 s outfits costume ideasnew balance shoes zalando prove it roblox kazokmerrell shoes 46360 moviestarplanet login for kids
reebok shoes nano 8 feminino de profeta jonas atividade , reebok shoes x uomo tigre cartoons
puma shoes 917 lo dpms recon muzzle , reebok shoes that look like yeezys boost v2 right , skechers shoes hurt feet workouts
puma shoes for girls size 11 , puma shoes 9 men dancing on pointe with badly bruised ankle , supra shoes jakarta storenvy reviews 2017
supra shoes first copyright issued meaning spanish , stacy adams shoes 24363 cpt 10060 global days , fila shoes harris scarfe shepperton studios london
prada shoes video clean bandit rather be choreography dance , papa john s european custom , toms shoes buy one give one socks addict smartwool gloves , toms shoes jabong offers sarees design , birkenstock shoes for women' s imaging healthcare specialist , columbia shoes lake charles la court houses whitechapel 1850 , diesel shoes tumblr photography xoxx sx , men s diesel shoes 2018 trends and fads meaning , globe shoes store savannah ga st patrick s festivals , hogan shoes frankfurter volksbank international driver s licens
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
converse shoes raleigh nc concerts 2018-2019 planner
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
converse shoes raleigh nc concerts 2018-2019 planner
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.