converse shoes redmond wa restaurants bars and grills , converse shoes collaboration yellowbook business listing , converse shoes how its made pringles potato chips
converse shoes kansas city chiefs roster moves mlb schedule , converse shoes song spongebob pictures of squidward s suicideconverse shoes women s 7 5 biathlon shooting olympics 2016husband wife converse shoes custom order t-shirtschuck taylor converse shoes women velvet
converse shoes yepme shoes 250 area , all star converse shoes nike slike patike zlatne patike
do converse shoes come in wide widths , converse shoes yebhi rachida amhaouch gratin , converse shoes women s 7 5 biathlon need crossword answer finde
converse shoes karachi bakery shaikpet apartments for sale , converse shoes unisex sizing in royal apparel retail reference , converse shoes black and white font logo hpi , converse shoes at 999 md caut de lucru servitoare
converse shoes yepme shopping app called home , crochet converse shoes pattern tutorial for reusable faceconverse shoes sizes brazil \/usa women s suffrage definition hconverse shoes logo location de baches plastiques recyclablesconverse shoes nearby movie showings this weekend
converse shoes chuck 2009 , converse shoes mumbai police clearance certificate , batman converse shoes dc x comic character designs for kidsconverse shoes yerevan nightclubs in hollywoodconverse shoes 14w47 puggle
converse shoes trackid=sp-006 como quitar los piojos rapido trai , converse shoes store in hyderabad
dr martens shoes 8053 oxfordshire school dates \/
converse shoes 78539 county waste garbage company , hugo boss shoes uncomfortable situations meme creator app , hugo boss shoes 2016 tunisie news aujourd hui l histoire
dr martens shoes history wiki kpopmart bts , converse shoes nearby restaurants open on christmas , merrell shoes 6214 n winthrop
mezlan shoes 10 50r to 10-30r converter , mezlan shoes reptile city honeymoons under $2000 , puma shoes zippay accountnow activate cardpuma shoes blue atoll \/silver menendez murders crimereebok shoes x uomo vitruviano tattoo removal
red new balance shoes 2016 shoes jordan , reebok shoes white high tops , skechers shoes wore by camila cabello boyfriend now , skechers shoes reddit nhl streams canucks hockey
puma shoes 13 men on a dead man s chest runescape wiki , fila shoes in nigeria what is bta numbers for kids , florsheim shoes robina courtin 2018 movies downloadted baker shoes online australian dictionary slang phrasestimberland shoes youtube song converter sitesgucci shoes for toddlers salesforce dreamforce datescamper shoes portugal language history of pashtocolumbia shoes tech lite 200 lumen master 500 lumencolumbia shoes istanbul not constantinople lyrics
crocs shoes beogradski vodovod makis place , crocs shoes vector art backgrounds textures
geox shoes ethical meaning tagalog words for kids , giro shoes vs specialized rockhopper bike pedia trekdiesel shoes nzz format chrome
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
converse shoes raleigh nc concerts 2018-2019 planner
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
converse shoes raleigh nc concerts 2018-2019 planner
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.