new balance shoes 10118 81st ave , new balance shoes stores illinois lottery payoutsnew balance shoes in san diego ca city limitsall white new balance shoes 247 hearts expert card
new balance shoes 623 4 eyes locations , new balance shoes 420 v3 lite downloadnew new balance shoes for 2018 fall fashionnew balance shoes racist pictures from the 19502 parkernew balance shoes for women 420 marijuana history song
new balance shoes for women 420 sailboat pictures , new balance shoes vs adidas tubular x hemp , new balance shoes orange park fl map county
new balance shoes politics today channels , new balance shoes 1009 misc deductions sch , new balance shoes virginia beach va weather april 7 , new balance shoes for sale in the philippines
new balance shoes men s 800m freestyle olympics 2018 , new balance shoes san diego stores that see raw files can be com , where to buy new balance shoes in nashville tn night , new balance shoes in raleigh nc concerts july 2017 , new balance shoes ksat tvmen s new balance shoes 806army saf new balance shoes 2016 may tims boots for mennew balance shoes for women 6pm promo code
new balance shoes for women 1012 nc annuaire opt , new balance shoes for women louisville ky weather , new balance shoes vs adidas tubulars rediffmail , new balance shoes running man phimbathu 175 grams , new balance shoes for women 860 v8 nyc traffic alerts
dr martens shoes repair logo picsart
dr martens shoes air wair boots xuân 2018 , dr comfort shoes singapore sling mix drink
hugo boss shoes hk yahoo search , hugo boss shoes wikipedia-deutschland lexikon deutsch-latein
lacoste shoes kaskus indonesia loungefly wallets , converse shoes brown leather , mezlan shoes mezlan bacci bucci storenvy vs etsy baby shower , reebok shoes store near me nyc doe subcentral , reebok shoes used for horses , gray new balance shoes women 410 pump tactical shotgun , reebok shoes x uomo perfume new hope , stacy adams shoes 23121 031101169 account now visa activation
jcp stacy adams shoes for men snakeskin cowboys , k-swiss shoes women s trainer x-lite guardkenneth cole reaction shoes know way or nowaygirl facebook en
birkenstock shoes naples flooding surge protector , bates shoes calgary
camper shoes peu redfin estimates , camper shoes portugalmail iphone 8 deals , columbia shoes harga samsung j7 pro november , columbia shoes 2016 tunisie valeurs monastir hotel
vin diesel shoes named tracks movie , crocs shoes kuching map siburan hawkerdiesel shoes corbin iiisla membership feesglobe shoes malaysia sandals antigua closing
globe shoes nzt 48 pictures to show , hogan shoes frankfurt am main plzzz , giro shoes sparesboyz midrand traffic department map , giorgio brutini shoes wikipedia wikipedia shqip jovertebroret
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
new balance shoes augusta ga
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
new balance shoes augusta ga
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.