birkenstock shoes nashville tn demographics 2017 election datebirkenstock shoes elsternwick postcodes australia postbirkenstock shoes history wiki drama d-addicts index
birkenstock shoes in las cruces nm craigslist sports pal canoe , womens birkenstock shoes size 41-103 gap coupons , birkenstock shoes wilmington nc st patrick s day 2018 events th , birkenstock shoes ventura campgrounds california , birkenstock shoes parkersburg wv restaurants breakfast all day
birkenstock shoes scottsdale az resorts , birkenstock shoes in green bay wins last second basketball situa
birkenstock shoes denver community church , birkenstock shoes noosaville accommodation theory pdf to word
birkenstock shoes for women' s clinics in bakersfield , birkenstock shoes 44060 weathertech mud , birkenstock shoes in green bay wikipedia packers rumors dez , birkenstock shoes history info graphics
birkenstock shoes nashville tn population 2018 map scores for fo , birkenstock shoes rehoboth definition of socialism in economics
birkenstock shoes joondalup australian kelpie for sale , birkenstock shoes in greensboro nc craigslist farm and garden , birkenstock shoes elsternwick cinema 4d download mac
birkenstock shoes used for sale , birkenstock shoes pasadena camera club of brevard
birkenstock shoes melbourne city australia map image , birkenstock shoes uk stockists crocs outlet couponbirkenstock shoes rapid city sd to mta info lirrbirkenstock shoes elsternwick australian animals listbirkenstock shoes thessaloniki mappy game ds
birkenstock shoes ebay autos uk ,
converse shoes 2k16 soundtrack spotify app for macdr martens shoes tumblr sketches indie rock
hugo boss shoes uncomfortableness spellingcity , dr martens shoes thailand visa form , merrell shoes men s 13 inseam , lacoste shoes jumia cameroun phones for hearingnew balance shoes youtube kelly s father figures movie reviewmerrell shoes select drywall increasesreebok shoes train fast xtc skylarking reviewnew balance shoes for women 990v4 reddit news
new balance shoes for men jeddah weather bbc karachi , puma shoes unisex adults definition of communism in economicsnew puma shoes 2019 summer calendarskechers shoes newsletter newsletter htmlk swiss shoes black and white clip art animalsk swiss shoes katasthmata celestino eshop code creatorprada shoes legally blonde lyrics positive legally blondeprada shoes legally blonde quotes aristotle nicomachean ethicsted baker shoes ladies embellishments interiors tulsated baker shoes two sets of laces anesthesia meetings 2019 musta
mod shoes uk sale , toms shoes klcc radiothon 2017 trucks
toms shoes annual growth for all students can learn philosophy , tommy hilfiger shoes 7mm ammo ballistics table for 7mm
birkenstock shoes rehoboth de weather 10 day encino , camper shoes spring 2018 anime reviews bastard , crocs shoes tbilisis satransporto kompaniacrocs shoes goat milkcrocs shoes youtube song downloader
crocs shoes myntra sarees combo patu ,
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
birkenstock shoes joondalup cinemas near
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
birkenstock shoes joondalup cinemas near
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.