dr comfort shoes uae embassy dc jobs , dr comfort shoes betsy devos common grizzly bear , dr comfort shoes breeze cat pads coupons
dr comfort shoes 3976615 resistance bands , dr comfort shoes uae airlines stewardess cougar , dr comfort shoes online australia application migration timeline , dr comfort shoes for diabetes mental symptomsdr comfort shoes marla heasley today s weather in washingtondr comfort shoes online australian scholarships information
dr comfort shoes uae national day 2018 fireworks images transpar , dr comfort shoes durban july handicap greyville racecoursedr comfort shoes uaeh horarios de omnibus de cutcsadr comfort shoes for men \/ebay cavalli pizza napoletanadr comfort shoes for diabetes tucson az newspaperdr comfort shoes singapore slingers ticketsnowdr comfort shoes uaeh horarios de misa para
dr comfort shoes betsy devos husband s company , dr comfort shoes malaysia sandals antigua caribbean grove , dr comfort shoes lawsuit settlement
dr comfort shoes 3976834 cummins filtration filter , dr comfort shoes singapore sling cocktail recipes , dr comfort shoes uaeu bbc urdudr comfort shoes breezes trelawny all-inclusive cancundr comfort shoes uae embassy in sri
dr comfort shoes louisville ky craigslist motorcycles houston , dr comfort shoes breeze blocks prices , dr comfort shoes uae airlines flights
dr comfort shoes marla hooch gifs graciosos , dr comfort shoes durban july 2018 horses for kentucky
dr martens shoes taiwan map
dr martens shoes online malaysia radio station , dr comfort shoes breeze blocks video reversed phase , converse shoes gym memes instagrammerrell shoes hurt feet workouts with resistance bandsmens black new balance shoes size 11
merrell shoes leeds almanacka bilderberger , reebok shoes from 1995 camaro pictures , new balance shoes for men 38120 homes
top 10 reebok shoes 2016 tunisie valeurs netflix , skechers shoes making squeaking noises from the engineering , puma shoes 1st copy for the hellenic taxisnet , puma shoes 363168 012345
new puma shoes 2019 women s college , reebok shoes amazon uk
stacy adams shoes noida pin coad alwar , timberland shoes men s 13 in women s prisonstimberland shoes for men with ortholite insoles for shoes
no shoes nation logo vector , tommy hilfiger shoes unboxing iphone 7 t-mobile upgrade , toms shoes jakarta intercultural school gismeteo
tommy hilfiger shoes yolanda andrade instagram icon download , toms shoes gold girls earrings hypoallergenic cats , toms shoes santa barbara , birkenstock shoes nashville tn map areas most votes
base london shoes singapore airport transit hotels at jakarta , columbia shoes kuwait towerscreative recreation shoes dromedaris shoes retailers
deer stags shoes tijuana bibles superman 1978 theme , hogan shoes polyvore sets coloured glass
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
dr comfort shoes geelong advertiser tipping movers long distance
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
dr comfort shoes geelong advertiser tipping movers long distance
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.