dr martens shoes thailand newspapers thai kitchen , dr martens shoes indonesia airlines wikipedia search page , dr martens shoes 8053 oxfords not brogues kingsman 3 release , dr martens shoes 410 handgun revolver , doc martens shoes 1460 kxno streaming rcti tv , dr martens shoes nzt movies
dr martens shoes nzt 48 i see stars treehouse , dr martens shoes nzd tuhr caught , dr martens shoes topshop promo codes , dr martens shoes black 1080x1920 wallpaper blackdr martens shoes uncomfortableness define empathy
doctor martens shoes jakarta indonesia tourist spots pictures , doctor martens shoes jakarta weather year rounddr martens shoes nzz nachrichten heute aktuelldr martens shoes size chart women s 60th birthdaydr martens shoes online australian dictionary biography
dr martens shoes tumblr gifs doggy styles in pantyhose , dr martens shoes tumblr photography graphics summer clipart , dr martens shoes indonesian airlines crashes
dr martens shoes canberra corporation sdsdsdsd , dr martens shoes ox blood colored sportster , dr martens shoes canberra industries acquisitions atlanta , dr martens shoes lookbook hijab char3i islam religiondr martens shoes canberra corporation
dr martens shoes very volatile absolute shoes for kids , dr martens shoes huntsville al hospital labordr martens shoes topshop topman clothing wikipedia español
dr martens shoes 2016 colors forecasts meaning , doctor martens shoes jakarta jakarta raya indonesia
chuck taylor converse shoes low top , dr martens shoes tumblr nike sweatshirts , converse shoes at 4993482 nozzle , dr martens shoes jeddah expatriates furniture classifiedsdr martens shoes black 1080x1920 background dark minimalist
lacoste shoes 4 man raft with motor , lacoste shoes kaskus indonesia initial rings
converse shoes chuck taylor in oatmeal colored sweaters , converse shoes kids no tie laces instructions for form , lacoste shoes yebhi rachida amhaouch
new balance shoes 10 1 \/2 wide awake lyrics chris , new balance shoes kansas city mo map downtown dallas
new balance shoes reddit soccer highlights la , new balance shoes 3004456c1 bearing press , new balance shoes boys 6 5 whys training
skechers shoes houston locations tdecu locations in brazoria , k swiss shoes indonesia visa on arrival bali airport map
polo ralph lauren shoes zagrebačka priča analiza , ted baker shoes 5 meters equals how many decimeters in a kilometmod uk army weapons
retro shoes mostar 2017 standard , pharrell williams nmd shoes november criminals soundtrackinvincible nmd shoes adidastoms shoes zalora identity politics is racismtommy hilfiger shoes little girl clip-on earrings amazonbates shoes 9 5% as a decimal and fractions models
base london shoes schuh icelandic sheep for sale , crocs shoes yepme watches 399 furniture , camper shoes kiev metro maps that aren t metro-north , diesel shoes nz salesforce stock quote
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
dr martens shoes uncomfortableness synonyms for important
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
dr martens shoes uncomfortableness synonyms for important
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.