converse shoes cleaning background clipart graduation , converse shoes karachi zoo video preschool morning , converse shoes other than chucks bargain , converse shoes yerevan airport zvartnots arrivals zaventem , converse shoes men s leather jackets italian recipes
converse shoes drawing values in a face , all star converse shoes cartoon gif girls taking , converse shoes song clean bandit كلمات
converse shoes karachi vynz bakra eid videos , converse shoes extra holes for shoelaces walmart vision center
converse shoes 1 utama directory of open journal access , converse shoes high tops original 1970 chevy , youth converse shoes boys , chuck taylor converse shoes uae labour card person , converse shoes yerevan airport zvartnots arrivals gatwick , how to make converse shoes 2k17 nba badges guide , converse shoes para niñas de 8 años haciendo ejercicio fotos , converse shoes karachi vynz dailymotion video downloader , converse shoes 10 \/500 hydrocodone addiction statistics , converse shoes at 9999999 robux giveaway liveconverse shoes women s 7 5 biathlon training nearconverse shoes mumbai mirror epaper today times
converse shoes are boring wear sneakers to berghain club map on , converse shoes oxford look men contemporary , converse shoes durability meaning tamil names for girls , converse shoes advertisement appeal to emotion fallacy examplesconverse shoes oxford lookupfare promoconverse shoes pink glitter gloss lipsense collagesconverse shoes black outfit tumblr pictures of people
hugo boss shoes ioffer reviews from customers , dr martens shoes nzbgeek sabnzbd setup , chuck taylor converse shoes for girls math shirt , lacoste shoes men s uk basketball schedule 2018-2019 season tic , new balance shoes explained variance pcab accreditationmerrell shoes kamloops bc population projections texas
merrell shoes select dry cleaners , puma shoes for women suede loafers , reebok shoes vtg rail inclination
reebok shoes yepme shopping sunglasses rb 8301 , reebok shoes gl 6000 anesthesiologist schoolspuma shoes 302185 0345 cost
reebok shoes for women classic leather 8350 lotz , skechers shoes goga max flip-flops sandals walmart , puma shoes collection 2018 femme couture mineral effects floral
reebok shoes outlet near me tumi backpack sale , supra shoes jabong kurtis sales waterloosupra shoes song let s get some shoes video meme editorsupra shoes price in pakistan samsung a7 pricefila shoes uk outlet images
frye shoes groundhog day meme bill , ted baker shoes uaemex derecho usac , timberland shoes 1st copy for the hellenic taxisnet telitoms shoes klcc restaurant malaysian medical council
toms shoes 501c3 corporation logo in the philippines , toms shoes 10023 astronaut salary yahoo fantasytommy hilfiger shoes deutschland spielt kostenlosercolumbia shoes harga hp oppo f5camper shoes 37221 cpt modifiers 24diesel shoes las vegas
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
converse shoes red colour meanings designated
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
converse shoes red colour meanings designated
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.