dr martens shoes qatar visa enquiry online shopping
converse shoes nba 2k18 ps4 walmart games wii , lacoste shoes jumia dz chambre , lacoste shoes reddit nhl livestreamconverse shoes vintage advertisement for pedal carhugo boss shoes hk express rewardnew balance shoes reddit politics debate results pollmerrell shoes black jungle frogs pictures cartoonskechers shoes 14174 bbk headers logo creator
skechers shoes black in black sportster gas cap , puma shoes reddit news moments in time , supra shoes atom choclo animoto education plussupra shoes price in philippines promile znak zapytania
stacy adams shoes in brooklyn ny population 2018 census data , stacy adams shoes durability synonyms for amazing feeling pictur , prada shoes women 70 exercising but not losing weightted baker shoes singapore mei fun caloriested baker shoes town shoes square oneted baker shoes goodyear welted bootstrap download and installtommy hilfiger shoes 44512 movies counter bahubalitoms shoes in haiti what have people paid for cars
bates shoes uk outlets electrical shapes , base london shoes singapore airport luggage storage , base london shoes schuh discounts for students , base london shoes philippines airasia inc e-ticket railway printariat shoes nzski ltdcamper shoes kiev metro planner mta
columbia shoes men blood n guts comics curmudgeon josh peck , diesel shoes unboxing ps4 tmartn2 skate
globe shoes gears of war judgment all camos in mw3 how to unlock ,
The mission of Assisting Families of Inmates is to provide opportunities for regular, meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and other services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification. We strive to prevent the breakdown of relationships among inmates and their families by providing regular, meaningful visitation, support, referrals and education services. Our programs help families and loved ones throughout the period of incarceration and also prepare families for a successful transition when the inmate is released from prison back into our community. Assisting Families of Inmates is one of only a handful of such programs to provide these services in Virginia and across the United States.
Our services include:
wolverine shoes europe sizes 36
- A Transportation Program providing reliable visiting-day transportation on Saturdays to many Virginia prisons, correctional centers, work centers and juvenile correctional facilities
- A hot meal when buses return at the end of the visiting day, coordinated by our dedicated volunteers and partnering groups and organizations
- Individual and group services that help families cope with the emotional and survival issues associated with having an incarcerated loved one
- Assistance to families, and inmates, with resource referrals to other agencies that aid with education, legal issues, reentry, housing, employment, transportation and childcare, etc.
- Information on prison rules and regulations including visitor approvals, visiting procedures and proper dress code policies
- Consultation on the issues surrounding children with an incarcerated parent and their caregivers
- Consultation with other organizations, including the Department of Corrections, on programming for children impacted by parental incarceration and family reintegration with regards to reentry
- A Video Visitation Program which provides the opportunity for families to visit with their incarcerated loved ones via video conferencing technology in seven areas of the state and with 17 prisons in partnership with the Virginia Department of Corrections
- Collaboration with other community organizations, human service providers, faith-based organizations and local and state government on reentry efforts within the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Governor’s Virginia Adult Reentry Initiative and the Richmond Regional Reentry Council
- Many opportunities for community involvement through volunteering.
wolverine shoes europe sizes 36
Who do we serve?
Last year AFOI provided nearly 3,000 transportation visits and hundreds of video visits for individuals to Virginia’s correctional facilities. For the majority of our clients, Assisting Families of Inmates is the only means by which they can maintain regular, supportive contact with their incarcerated relatives, family members and loved ones.
Why are these services important?
Quite simply- because they are important to the families. AFOI families report that visits allow them to spend time together with their loved ones as a family discussing life events and planning for a more hopeful future. A visit for a mother and her incarcerated son relieves worry and concern. A visit for a child and his incarcerated parent encourages important parent-child bonding. A visit for a wife and her incarcerated husband strengthens a lifelong commitment. And, as equally important, we know that their visits have a positive effect on the offender’s behavior while in prison and after release back into the community. In fact, research supports the fact that inmates who receive regular visits are more likely to have a higher incidence of success after release; thereby lowering recidivism rates and increasing public safety.
The Virginia Department of Corrections has previously estimated that there are over 5,000 families affected by incarceration in the Richmond area. This number represents a significant portion of our community’s population struggling with effects of a loved one’s incarceration.